For over three decades now, Hood County Children's Charity Fund has provided back-to-school clothing, coats, and other clothing requests throughout the year to the children of Hood County.
1. Families with children registered in Hood County schools will sign up at one of the registration days or at Mission Granbury with any of the case workers.
2. They will select a date to meet HCCCF at Walmart to shop.
3. On the date and time selected, the family will come to Walmart and MUST check in at the layaway desk behind the shoe department with HCCCF.
Families MUST pre-register ahead of time . No walk-ups will be allowed!
4. Family will receive a budget based on the child's grade level. Family will shop and then check out at the designated registers. Shopping must be done that day or budget will be forfeited.
Families will sign-up with various agencies that have met with HCCCF Board representatives for guidelines. The agency partners will fill out the electronic form on behalf of the families and then provide the families a postcard reminding them of the day they have selected to shop.
Families must provide the following in order to register:
1. Proof child is registered in Hood County schools
2. Proof of financial need - WIC, Free & Reduced Lunch Form, Tax Returns, Medicaid, etc.
While we would love to provide assistance for every child in the county, we have to be diligent in that guidelines are met.